Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Courtenay's Key Beauty Tips

Hey, Hey there gorgeous people…

I'm going to do a series of blog posts about simple beauty tips that really make all the difference when it comes to looking and feeling great :) this is the first of many, but it's the one I believe is the most important. Enjoy Lovelies!!


BEAUTY TIP NUMERO UNO 


 Moisturize


This is such a no brainer, but you would be surprised how many of my friends and people I have done makeup for do not moisturize.

Aside from keeping your face soft and preventing dry red patches, moisturizer also prevents premature wrinkles, helps skin cell regeneration, and gives your makeup something to latch onto to last longer. Moisturizer is MAGICAL!!

I know, I know. Some of you are like Court I have oily acne prone skin…I don’t want moisturizer to make my skin oilier, but trust me you still need it. If you have acne you probably use strong facial cleansers with sulfur, Benzoyl peroxide, or Salicylic acid. These cleansers dry out your skin, and without the aid of a moisturizer your skin will compensate the dryness by producing extra natural oils…ewww. So, my suggestion would be to find a light moisturizer (a great one is CeraVe).

Personally, I have very dry skin, and moisturizer is a necessity for me to keep my face from looking like scary reptile skin. I also love the way my moisturizer gives me a subtle glow; it makes me feel more comfortable when I choose not to wear makeup.  ALSO, If you have dry skin, like me, it is worth it to spend the money on a good moisturizer. But hey, I feel yah if you don't want to spend all your hard earned cash on moisturzer… I am a college student! My suggestion would then be to double up a regular moisturizer (like Yes to Cucumbers Daily Facial Moisturizer) with a tinted moisturizer or BB Cream---you get the moisture and a good coverage.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


 My suggestions for each skin type: 

Oily and Acne Prone: 1. Simple Hydrating Face Lotion ($9.99 @ Target) 2. Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Face Lotion ($9.99 @ Walgreens) 3. CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion ($12.97 @ WalMart)

 Dry: 1. AVEDA Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion ($33.00 @AVEDA stores) 2. REVALESKIN Coffee Berry Day Cream ($110 @skinstore) 3. CLINIQUE Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion ($24.50 @ CLINQUE counters) 

Sensitive: 1. Olay Regenerist UV Regenerating Lotion ($22.99 @ Walgreens) 2. Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream ($10.77 @ WalMart) 3. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer ($14.99 @ Target) 

My Favorite: Bliss Fabulous Face Lotion ($36.00)



 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I HOPE THIS HELPED.  I have tried or know someone who uses all of these moisturizers, and I know about a million more great ones. SO, If you have any questions about a specific moisturizer I listed or if I missed your skin type please leave your question(s) in the comment box and I'll help you out!


                                           Toddles,

      NAY (courtenay)